01 November 2017 – Introduction of the Natural Gas
Introduction of the Natural Gas
At SLIC, we create processes for a sustainable future. As part of our continuous efforts in achieving our sustainable goals, we are glad to announce the successful transformation of our KILNs to use the new state-of-the-art energy source that is the natural gas instead of crude oil fuel. This is part of SLIC’s determined and consistent focus in applying clean energy for a sustainable environment. Those are few of the advantages:
- Product content of sulfur is decreased to minimum.
- Product is clean and may not contain any soot, ash or heavy petroleum content.
- Premium and consistent quality as a result of constant calorific value with no variations.
- The current Lime product is already classified as a food grade, and with the use of clean energy we obtain better purity results.
- Natural gas eliminates the need for an underground storage tank–eliminating the threat of oil soil contamination
- Natural gas is non-toxic. If inhaled in small amounts natural gas is not poisonous or harmful to humans.
- The combustion process for natural gas is almost perfect, very few byproducts are emitted into the atmosphere as:
- Zero emittance of Sulfur oxides SO, SOX
- Less emitted CO2 by 35% than it is with Diesel
- Less emittance of NOX
- No unpleasant soot, ash, or odors